Milton Keynes / Permanent
CLOSING DATE: 20th September 2019
As HR Administrator you will deliver a proactive, flexible and ‘customer first’ HR service to all stakeholders. Your role will provide relevant and appropriate administrative support to the HR Advisors, Head of HR and HR Director to support throughout the employee life cycle, whilst driving best practice and ensuring engagement with HR policies and procedures, our organisational values and employment legislation.
ABOUT THE PERSON
Above all, we’re looking for someone who:
- is an experienced, talented and driven Human Resources Administrator who’ll act as the first port of call to employees and external partners for all HR related queries.
- has a good understanding and knowledge of employment law
- has the ability to build strong working relationships at all levels and has excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- is customer service orientated with a high level of attention to detail and can demonstrate a personal commitment to delivery of HR services in line with established SLAs and KPIs.
- has excellent time management, organisation and planning skills with the ability to work under pressure and manage delivery to tight deadlines flexing priorities as required.
- is an excellent team player with a ‘can do’ attitude: comfortable working both independently and as part of a team.
- has excellent IT skills to include experience of HRIS systems and Excel
- is CIPD qualified to Level 3 (or equivalent)
Although not essential it would be great to hear from candidates who are:
- Qualified to CIPD Level 5;
- familiar with the Cascade HR system
Working as part of the Human Resources team, you’ll play a critical role in providing a first class HR service to employees and managers across the organisation including providing expert HR advice and guidance on HR policy and procedure; employment legislation and ways of working.
WHAT WE DO
Here at Sodexo, we’re all about people, inside and out. It’s what we do. From growing employee cultures and inspiring success in workplaces, to driving consumer engagement with brands, we specialise in helping businesses transform behaviours, engagement and performance in people.
WHO WE ARE
As engagement experts, inspiring and rewarding success and encouraging a happy workforce is a big part of our culture. From the moment you walk through our doors, we do our best to inspire and encourage creativity and collaboration. But it’s not all work – we have break-out spaces, kitchens stocked with tea and coffee, sofas, TVs and social activities to suit even the hardest to please. Our people are a big deal to us, so making sure everyone has a safe and fun working environment and the right opportunities to develop, is top of our priority list.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! Simply send us your CV along with a one page summary setting out how you meet the above requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in joining our team.