Boosting sales for Sony Pictures with some cinema magic
What's the problem?
Sony Pictures wanted to increase sales of Sony DVDs across various outlets, and asked us to create an incentive that could help them do it.
What We Did
We ran a simple-yet-effective 2-4-1 cinema ticket promotion. The promotion was advertised on store displays, POS displays, and on the My Movies Xtras website. Consumers simply had to enter the code printed upon a leaflet found inside their new DVD’s case on Sony’s My Movie Extras website and chose the 2-4-1 cinema offer.
The claim was verified by Sony, who transferred the data of qualifying consumers to us via an API (Application Program Interface) feed. We then issued an email with a Cineworld digital code that could be exchanged for one adult cinema entry to see any 2D performance when another ticket is purchased in the same transaction.
- Built and hosted the back end processing platform
- Carried out daily monitoring of the processing platform
- Handled all negotiations and dealings with Cineworld
- Met feedback and approval on all promotional communications
- Handled fulfilment of all cinema e-tickets to qualifying claimants
- Provided a dedicated customer services email address for participant enquiries
- Generated a weekly application report for our client